#1 JDWilkie93

JDWilkie93

Thinning Dip

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

Ok so I haven't even done much of anything with Plastidip even though I have wanted to for a long time. I have a few many questions that I want answered.

1. What is the best sprayer to get? Or should I just buy the pro car dipping package thing? 
  2. I was thinking about white on my 02 Jetta, but would pearl or matte be better looking (just opinion)?
  3. With the Plastidip can you do things like designs on your car with a sharpie or stickers?
  4. Where would be the ideal place to do this? I have a small yard, and a garage that is at a house I'm renting so I don't want there to be a big mess.
  5. Can I do my entire car (as a rookie with no help) in one day?
  6. What all do I need to do to prep my car?
  7. Are there any other products I need to buy with the initial dip kit?

I'm sure I'me missing something, but I have wanted to do this for a while and have finally decided to bite the bullet and save up to take on this project.

#2 plastidip

plastidip

Cold Can Dipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

hey man im just ganna give you what i know and what has worked for me in the past 

1 the pro car kits are good if you have money to spend, but if your on a budget its not the best idea, the best spray gun on the market right now is the earlex 3500 (try to pick one up used)

2 depends on what colour the ca is already if its already white then yes white is best but if its black then its ganna take you much more time and money to get it perfect white

3 no you can, the most you can do is use tape to add stripes and what not

4 garage is the best but if you live somewhere where its warm you can do it ouside i guess, doing it in the grage will stink up the house, if you do end up doing it in the grage BUY A RESPERATOR

5 theres not much to it, watch some videos on youtube on how to get the right angles and you should be fine 

6 just tape ff windows , no need to tape headlight and tailights just peel them later 

7 with the dip kit no, it will provide you with everything exept the resperator 

sorry for the spelling, let me know if you need any help 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users