Welcome Dippers!

Sign In 

Create Account
Please feel free to register!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

should i get my costumers to sign a waiver?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 plastidip

plastidip

Cold Can Dipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

i have heard of people starting up a dipping business and all is well until one costumer decides to blame a few scratches on them.

so my question is should i make people sign a waiver / contract, if so how would one look, what would it say? thanks! 

• Mitchell@autobodybotox and Imcaptainmike like this

#2 Jesse

Jesse

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

A few people I know have waivers and also take pictures of the cars before they're dipped
I got a dream worth more than my sleep.

#3 plastidip

plastidip

Cold Can Dipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

A few people I know have waivers and also take pictures of the cars before they're dipped

thanks!! im forsure going to take pictures of the cars, but what would the waiver say? are there any templates on the web that i could maybe download? 

#4 Mactastic

Mactastic

Cold Can Dipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida, USA

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

I haven't started charging yet since I'm still practicing but have had 3 friends offer their cars + cover charges for Dip which I will be doing next month but I've been contemplating the same thing in terms of covering your own behind. I might write up a waiver in the coming days that I'll gladly share. 

#5 Hemylio

Hemylio

Fully Dipped

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

Waiver should have a warming of all possible contingencies. I have people sign part of it when they give the downpayment and I do the inspection then the sign the delivery part. Also, and this is by far the most important part, get it lawyer'd. You can't just "write one up" and expect it to fly. If someone does decide to sue, if a lawyer hasn't proofread it then it's just a piece of paper and doesn't count. Mine is lawyer'd and is signed by me and him.
  • plastidip likes this
www.dipped-cars.com

#6 plastidip

plastidip

Cold Can Dipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:23 PM

I haven't started charging yet since I'm still practicing but have had 3 friends offer their cars + cover charges for Dip which I will be doing next month but I've been contemplating the same thing in terms of covering your own behind. I might write up a waiver in the coming days that I'll gladly share. 

good luck on the 3 cars man! and yeah if you could post a picture of the waiver once you finish it, id like to get an idea of what to write, thanks man!!

• Imcaptainmike likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users