35 replies to this topic

#1 Peanut

Peanut

Cold Can Dipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:50 AM

so this guy is offering 45.00 gallons of "special mixes".  im building a website and reviewing dipping companies so i thought i'd give it a test.  it's immediately obvious this guy is selling self thinned rubber dip with what smells like house paint pigments in them.  the gallon was a mess when it got here, sprayed like crap and i'm just thankful to God i didn't spray this on my car.

disaster.

#2 Jesse

Jesse

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

Do you have pics/videos? Any details on why you thought it was bad? This would be a lot more useful if it wasn't that generic of a complaint. Perhaps if it is self thinned, it sprays at a different consistency than what you were used to with RDS or vice versa?

• DipWerks likes this
I got a dream worth more than my sleep.

#3 1991gsx

1991gsx

Spray Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

The smell could be the thinner used to thin it down. And honestly self thinned clear is perfectly fine to make colors with, I don't buy ready spary clear when I make my colors.

What do you mean it didn't spray well? Too thinned? Not thinned enough? Pigments?

Did you use a base coat? Was one required?

But pics would help lol

#4 1991gsx

1991gsx

Spray Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

I'm wondering because I planned too use a color from them soon?

#5 DipWerks

DipWerks

Spray Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationTexarkana Tx

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

No offence, but who are you? Why would anyone care what you think of companies? What is your criteria for a good company? How are you doing evaluations of non local companies?

#6 n.bryson

n.bryson

Spray Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

Excuse me but who are you? Who are you to criticise someone's review of a business who deals to the dipping community? If it wasn't for him, someone could have made the mistake of buying botched products and ruining their project.

#7 DipWerks

DipWerks

Spray Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationTexarkana Tx

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:09 PM

Im a guy asking who this guy is. Whos to say he isnt a competitor out looking to trash others reputations. He didnt post a picture or video of any of his complaints. He didnt mention whether or not he tried to talk to the company about his problems.
Im in no way sticking up for the company. I do know that they are no longer affiliated with DYC and that it was most likely due to modifying and reselling plasti dip.

Nico didnt you get your blue from dip n go?

#8 n.bryson

n.bryson

Spray Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:43 PM

I really can't remember. The guys name was Stephen though. Really nice guy. He was slow to communicate with because of our conflicting work schedules, but he really helped me out. But i really don't think it was the same company. It didn't ring a bell and I would assume he would have pushed for selling me his own mix of colors instead of hooking me up with a powder pigment that was exactly what I wanted, going off only a picture.

#9 Peanut

Peanut

Cold Can Dipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:09 AM

I'm nobody i guess, but I am a customer who's been using plasti dip and buying it from different vendors over the past year.  I'm a customer who purchased a product and was trying to give feedback.  i didn't know what to expect when i bought a 45 dollar gallon, but it makes sense now.  i got a gallon that was popped open, and someone attempted to dump tint in it.

i don't hate on anyone, good for them if they want to sell 45 dollar gallons.  i'm just glad i didn't spray this on my car.  it stunk my whole garage up so bad like house paint even when it was dry the day after i sprayed it.  

#10 Jesse

Jesse

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

I'm nobody i guess, but I am a customer who's been using plasti dip and buying it from different vendors over the past year.  I'm a customer who purchased a product and was trying to give feedback.  i didn't know what to expect when i bought a 45 dollar gallon, but it makes sense now.  i got a gallon that was popped open, and someone attempted to dump tint in it.

i don't hate on anyone, good for them if they want to sell 45 dollar gallons.  i'm just glad i didn't spray this on my car.  it stunk my whole garage up so bad like house paint even when it was dry the day after i sprayed it.  

Ouch, do you still have the gallon? I remember when I used naphtha it stunk so bad, I couldn't stand it lol.

#11 DipWerks

DipWerks

Spray Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationTexarkana Tx

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

Naphtha does not smell good at all. Ive never smelled toulene or mek. Maybe those are what he uses to thin.

#12 Dip N Go Autocolor

Dip N Go Autocolor

Peeling Mistakes

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

While I appreciate the enthusiasm we have yet to hear from any dis-satisfied customers. The product is not concocted in my garage. Even if it was, my shop pumps out 1-4 cars a day. No time for mixing and packaging ghetto dip.

It is also worth noting out of the 25 active installers(not including general public) using our product the only complaint was the lack of available colors. If your can was damaged in transit then I can understand your frustration with it being beat up looking. But with no complaint filed formally with us and with no photos/video of the product being used this is useless hearsay. no?  

For the Record-

The product works fine, it is not plastidip and or a relabeled plastidip. I am not dumping pigments into cans of clear and selling them.  Get your facts straight before blindly bashing a company who generates some of the most helpful resources in the dipping industry.

Examples of the product- Because someone will ask. This is what it looks like when a professional installs our products.

http://distilleryima...00a9e288c_7.jpg

http://distilleryima...00aa80116_7.jpg

And of course more of our work

www.youtube.com/dipngoautocolor

www.facebook.com/dipngo

www.instagram.com/dipngo

• Avataj likes this

#13 Peanut

Peanut

Cold Can Dipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

For the Record-

The product works fine, it is not plastidip and or a relabeled plastidip. I am not dumping pigments into cans of clear and selling them.  Get your facts straight before blindly bashing a company who generates some of the most helpful resources in the dipping industry.

Thanks for the professional reply.  I'll keep my opinions and results to myself from now on - but may i make a suggestion.  why did i purcahse a product from your website named "Plasti Dip" in a plasti dip gallon, if your product is not plasti dip, or a relabeled plasti dip gallon?  really feels like i bought a gallon of plasti dip that you thinned and tinted yourself.

you may want to stop calling your product plasti dip if your product is "not" plasti dip.  

your pics look good, and i hope you get your product straightened out soon.

#14 Auto addictions

Auto addictions

Spray Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:39 AM

Idk but look on the site it has pics of plastidip cans and label. Do I care about any of this at all nope just sitting here enjoying my beer.
  • n.bryson and Avataj like this

#15 Jesse

Jesse

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:06 AM

Thanks for the professional reply.  I'll keep my opinions and results to myself from now on - but may i make a suggestion.  why did i purcahse a product from your website named "Plasti Dip" in a plasti dip gallon, if your product is not plasti dip, or a relabeled plasti dip gallon?  really feels like i bought a gallon of plasti dip that you thinned and tinted yourself.

you may want to stop calling your product plasti dip if your product is "not" plasti dip.  

your pics look good, and i hope you get your product straightened out soon.

Hey man, I don't want you to feel like your opinion wasn't wanted here. You're entitled to your opinion. Please do speak it, I know some other won't say anything. This is how we grow and advance. The customers are the ones using the products, if everyone kept reviews to themselves, nothing would change.

From what I see, this looks like it may not be a plasti dip product as it is advertised on their store as just "dip." But I do see images of plasti dip which may be misleading.I would love to see more about whatever this stuff is, like I said, I've tried self thinned with naphtha and it smelled the total sh*t so I'm not going to judge a product based on the smell. However if it did in fact spray terrible, I'd love to get some more info on how so i can make my decision on whether or not to order a few gallons to test out.

#16 Peanut

Peanut

Cold Can Dipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hey man, I don't want you to feel like your opinion wasn't wanted here. You're entitled to your opinion. Please do speak it, I know some other won't say anything. This is how we grow and advance. The customers are the ones using the products, if everyone kept reviews to themselves, nothing would change.

From what I see, this looks like it may not be a plasti dip product as it is advertised on their store as just "dip." But I do see images of plasti dip which may be misleading.I would love to see more about whatever this stuff is, like I said, I've tried self thinned with naphtha and it smelled the total sh*t so I'm not going to judge a product based on the smell. However if it did in fact spray terrible, I'd love to get some more info on how so i can make my decision on whether or not to order a few gallons to test out.

Thanks Jesse that was an awesome post.

He must have just changed the info on his website, because when i bought the product it actually had the picture of the rubber dip can on the image page and said "plasti dip".  i guess this thread encouraged him to adjust it.  i didn't take any pics becuase i had no intention of posting pics and attacking this guy's garage business.  i just wanted to voice my expereince.

So let's be honest for a second.. do you really expect me to believe that a guy who was installing plasti dip for this long and selling plasti dip - all of a sudden is NOT selling plasti dip?  Does anyone on this internet expect me to believe this guy is not adding things to plasti dip and reselling it, and has another "manufacterer" making this stuff for him?  I may only be 22, but i'm not an idiot.

oh and it doesn't smell like naptha or thinner, i've self thinned dip before watching the puzzleman's videos.   it stinks like honest to God house paint or paint dye that ace hardware uses when you ask them to mix a gallon of Bear house paint for you.

#17 Dip N Go Autocolor

Dip N Go Autocolor

Peeling Mistakes

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

What did the label say on the gallon? If you truly did order through us it will be on the can.

Also what color?

What is your order number? 

Just trying to add validity to your claims. 

Note: I have not touched the store. I sent the info to the IT company I work with and they updated the site. It is possible they misunderstood but it was never my intention to mislead the public. But this update was made back almost a month ago.

And our Lakeland location just used our "joke" of a product again with spectacular results.

https://fbcdn-sphoto...621017609_o.jpg

#18 Peanut

Peanut

Cold Can Dipper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

^^ so again, are you going on public record right now stating you are NOT selling Plasti Dip?

#19 Jesse

Jesse

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:32 AM

^^ so again, are you going on public record right now stating you are NOT selling Plasti Dip?

Do you still have the gallons you bought from them? Really am curious to see pics of what you were sent, they could definitely help back up your claims a bit too. 

#20 DipWerks

DipWerks

Spray Gunner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationTexarkana Tx

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

Peanut, first you sat that you are doing research on dip companies and youre creating a website with reviews. Now you are saying your you didnt document anything from the transaction because you had no intention on attacking his business. So what is it? Your either a critic that doesnt know what he is doing/talking about or your first post was a lie and you a just a customer. I assume if You are going to the trouble and expence of buy dip from multiple sellers and creating a website that you would have some sort if information/pictures.
At this point how do we know you even know how to spray or that you even purchased plasti dip from them. Your lack of information and your condescending tone just make you sound like an inexpiernced kid that was upset that his project was botched.
I really hope you can back up your story with some sort of evidence.
Have you ever sprayed a gallon of dip? Did you even order anything from them? How can we even verify you know what your experience level is?
You are making bold statements about a company with out any real information at all. We like hearing peoples stories about plasti dip, Whether it be good or bad.So please tell us the story with out holding back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users