1 reply to this topic

#1 larosa94x

larosa94x

Peeling Mistakes

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:13 AM

hey guys!

I owned a shop in central florida and have many full vehicle wraps under my belt but fell out of the game maybe 3 years ago.. It goes without saying ALOT has changed since then, so i'm needing a little guidance on a project i kinda fell into.. a relative got a dodge magnum, him and i have got all the body work done on it and he decided he wants to dip it a dark charcoal pearl... now some questions i have.....

1. i've got like 10-15 gallons of covert black HaloEFX i was planning on using as my base.. however, i plan on using the new(ish) DYCtopcoat as the pearl medium.. idk what testing has been done but is the topcoat compatible with haloEFX as a base? 

2. are the days of using clear/glossifier mix as a pearl medium gone? id like to go that route then one gallon of DYC topcoat to seal it up to keep this project as cheap as possible but i cant seem to find the clear PDS anymore on DYC?

3. Can you yield a nice glossy finish spraying DYC topcoat outside? i will be under a garage port but as i no longer have my shop with my high end spraying system, ill be spraying with the old DYC dip sprayer and i don't have the luxury of closing up a bay door and keeping the humidity and the elements out.. im worried i will end up with a hazy semigloss finish?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

#2 DipBook

DipBook

Peeling Mistakes

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:37 PM

1) You can use the DYC Top Coat on top of Halo EFX.

2) I always recommend to people using Halo EFX Real Clear as a pearl medium - then finishing with either Halo EFX True Gloss or DYC's Glossy Top Coat.

3) You can, it is just harder to control the elements and over spray (obviously). I have sprayed in some pretty bad conditions (my garage with plastic draped around the walls) and have had different outcomes each time, temp and humidity are your main concerns, wind and things getting into the dip are another.

Hope this provides some clarity!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users